About This Blog

This blog was originally started as a thread on the forum pages of an animal rescue site. Now it's here!

The articles you find in here are purely for entertainment (yours and mine) and (with one or two exceptions) are all tongue-in-cheek chronicles of the World (my bit, anyway) as I see it.
No disrespect is intended towards anyone unless I make a mistake and make it too obvious.

I hope you enjoy my offerings. Feedback and comments of any kind are welcome.


Thursday 9 May 2013

Bamburgh Castle April 2013

Bamburgh Castle

Disney have filmed here.
 
Polanski's Macbeth was filmed here.
 
Bits of the Harry Potter movies (so I've been told) were also filmed here. 
 
Here are a few of my snaps of this historic place.
 
I haven't labelled any of them due to Blogger being a pain in the ... derriere! 
 
The islands you can (only just see) in some pictures are the Farne Islands

Enjoy!
 























 

3 comments:

  1. Hari Om
    Fantabuloso - feel like I am holidaying vicariously via the lens of Symdaddy. Yes! that wonderful hall is the basis of the grand hall at Hogwarts! Excellent stuff sire. I say again.... MORE! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This place is certainly photogenic and I can easily imagine it in the movies you mentioned. Love all the history.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I photographed a wedding at Bamburgh Castle earlier this month. What a FAB place :)

    http://www.diamondphotography.org.uk/bamburgh-castle-wedding-photography-northumberland

    ReplyDelete

Any and all comments are welcome ...