About This Blog

This blog was originally started as a thread on the forum pages of an animal rescue site. Now it's here!

The articles you find in here are purely for entertainment (yours and mine) and (with one or two exceptions) are all tongue-in-cheek chronicles of the World (my bit, anyway) as I see it.
No disrespect is intended towards anyone unless I make a mistake and make it too obvious.

I hope you enjoy my offerings. Feedback and comments of any kind are welcome.


Sunday 14 November 2010

Those Who Fell (A Re-post)

Someone mentioned this poem a little while ago and to be honest, I'd forgotten I'd written it.  I re-read it and decided that it deserves a second airing. 

Those Who Fell

I often stop and wonder why,
and ask 'What it's all about?'
I find myself looking into the sky,
and hear myself scream and shout.

I wake from my sleep,
with my heart beating fast.
And tears I weep,
as I long for safer days past.

More sand and dust,
another day of hell.
Doing what I must,
remembering those who fell.

Winning hearts and winning minds,
trying every day.
Doing this job takes all kinds,
but I wish it would just go away.

I dread each day when we go out to seek,
the enemy with his gun.
But all I have left is one long week,
then my time here will be done.

I hope I can hold my head up high,
and say 'I did my job well'.
And I, with a sigh,
will remember those who fell.

1 comment:

  1. G' Day From Australia, War is frightening at anytime but it's the price we pay for the freedoms we have today.

    ReplyDelete

Any and all comments are welcome ...