About This Blog

This blog was originally started as a thread on the forum pages of an animal rescue site. Now it's here!

The articles you find in here are purely for entertainment (yours and mine) and (with one or two exceptions) are all tongue-in-cheek chronicles of the World (my bit, anyway) as I see it.
No disrespect is intended towards anyone unless I make a mistake and make it too obvious.

I hope you enjoy my offerings. Feedback and comments of any kind are welcome.


Thursday 24 October 2013

Punch Line

... and then I said "No, but at least he died happy!"

Oh ... Hello!

Sneaking up on me again, eh?

A shame you came so late ... that was a cracking joke.

Anyway, I'm pleased you dropped by. Now that I'm all tableted-up, I can blog anywhere without using my phone tiny little editor, so how about you take a walk with me, hmmm?

OK, maybe not.

With the festive season fast approaching, it's time to think about Christmas presents. To be honest though ... the 'thinking' in our house is done by my wife ... in July!

Now is that right? I ask you ... July?

What kind of Christmassy Christmas presents are around in July?

Then the hunt begins!

Did I tell you that my wife hates shopping? She does. With a passion!

So the hunt is a one-man show ... this man.

But I've got to tell you, I cheat! I've used "none in stock", "couldn't find it" and "they won't have it until November" so many times, I'm beginning to sound like a broken record.

But ... as she is very persistent ... the presents have all been bought!

Except hers!

Anyone got any ideas of what she might like?

And the joke?

Bugger me! I've gone and forgotten it already!

5 comments:

  1. Tuesday was my wife's birthday and I bought her a pair of wool slippers to replace her old ones. She loved the old ones but I've been pulling apart the stitching on them for months so I could surprise her with the new ones. She doesn't like the new ones as much as the old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Considering we are (stupidly) moving RIGHT before Christmas, I wish I'd started my shopping in July.

    And you? You have just let the cat out of the bag on Man-Excuses...which we all knew you were doing; but now we have proof!

    As for the wife's birthday? Jewelry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doesn't matter what you give her, she will not be amused..it's a woman thing you understand. Since the first man gave the first woman a rib (or something) they have been complaining that we never listen to their indecipherable hints...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wine and chocolates are always a hit in my household!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whatever you get her give it with love and she'll adore you forever.

    ReplyDelete

Any and all comments are welcome ...