About This Blog

This blog was originally started as a thread on the forum pages of an animal rescue site. Now it's here!

The articles you find in here are purely for entertainment (yours and mine) and (with one or two exceptions) are all tongue-in-cheek chronicles of the World (my bit, anyway) as I see it.
No disrespect is intended towards anyone unless I make a mistake and make it too obvious.

I hope you enjoy my offerings. Feedback and comments of any kind are welcome.


Friday 16 August 2013

Sym



Yesterday was the first anniversary of my boy Sym's crossing of the Bridge!
 
He is sorely missed still.
 
However, he is still with me and I talk to him every day!
 
I know, I know ... he was only a dog ... is that what you're thinking?
 
Well, he may have been a dog, but there was no 'only' about it.
 
He was family!
 
He was ... is ... my best friend!
 
Every walk I take with Clover, he walks with us. I'm sure Clover feels his presence too.
 
Our bond has not been broken and my love for my best friend is still strong!
 
Run ahead Sym!
 
I'll catch you up!

7 comments:

  1. heartofstone.alone16 August 2013 at 17:34

    Oh sweetie, my heart feels the sadness for you. It's been a long time since my boy Fly passed over that bridge, but I still miss him dearly. Fur babies are the family we choose for ourselves, although sometimes they choose us.

    Take comfort in knowing you gave him a good life, and know that in the distant future you will walk with him again.

    Sending friendly hugs to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    Blessings to you George in remembrance of a gorgeous boy. I can't believe it is all but 5 years since Jade passed; loved always.

    YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hard to believe it's been a year. Dogs are much more than pets; they're family members. I think it great you talk everyday with Sym. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are few things sadder than the passing of a favorite pet!
    I can relate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can relate to your feelings. My cat passed away two years ago and I still think of her very much. Our pets are such an important part of our lives...

    ReplyDelete
  6. A year already...
    When you remember, always remember the good days, the fun days, the naughty days and never the sad days..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh honey, I know ... August 11th is the sad anniversary of Pup's leaving us.
    I miss him everyday, as I know you miss Sym.
    Big hugs !

    ReplyDelete

Any and all comments are welcome ...