About This Blog

This blog was originally started as a thread on the forum pages of an animal rescue site. Now it's here!

The articles you find in here are purely for entertainment (yours and mine) and (with one or two exceptions) are all tongue-in-cheek chronicles of the World (my bit, anyway) as I see it.
No disrespect is intended towards anyone unless I make a mistake and make it too obvious.

I hope you enjoy my offerings. Feedback and comments of any kind are welcome.


Thursday 17 January 2013

Am I? Or Am I Not?

I had my calls cancelled today (except this evening's) so I popped to the corner shop to buy myself a chocolate treat.

As I came out, an old man who was just going in, pointed at me and said "Ah!"

Then he said "Oh!"

I stepped to one side as he entered the shop.

"Sorry?" I said.

Without even looking at me he said "I thought you were someone, but you're not".

That was a 'deep' statement and as I walked home I couldn't help but wonder 'What or who the hell am I?'

I'll have to wait until the plumber comes to fix the leaky radiator and ask him!

4 comments:

  1. You am . or I think so anyway- but then, really , who am I to say?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to prove that you are you but I'm too busy trying to figure out who the heck I am!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe I have been guilty of saying such. It just didn't come out the way I meant it. But maybe it did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you look in the mirror and you see someone looking back then you really are...
    If on the other hand you are trying to 'find yourself' I suggest a fast convertible, a much too young girlfriend and too much party.(let me know how that goes)

    ReplyDelete

Any and all comments are welcome ...