About This Blog

This blog was originally started as a thread on the forum pages of an animal rescue site. Now it's here!

The articles you find in here are purely for entertainment (yours and mine) and (with one or two exceptions) are all tongue-in-cheek chronicles of the World (my bit, anyway) as I see it.
No disrespect is intended towards anyone unless I make a mistake and make it too obvious.

I hope you enjoy my offerings. Feedback and comments of any kind are welcome.


Thursday 28 March 2013

Amateur Senility and the MIssing Giggles

There are days when my sense of humour takes unauthorised leave of absence.

Today is one of those days!

Normally I have a stern yet pleasant and personable demeanour. My childish sense of humour is my armour, as it were, which a) prevents my stern side from making me appear too grumpy and b) prevents me from falling into a state of despair caused by ... well, everything, I suppose.

All those that have experienced my humour, or attempts thereof, tend to agree that I seem to be someone suffering from advanced form of amateur senility.

I admit that I have been known to burst into laughter at the merest hint that someone is about to collide with a glass door and I have also been known to collapse in a fit of giggles when someone takes a tumble.

But I can't help it!

Schadenfreude happens to be one of my best friends!

I have been known to suffer sudden attacks of Spoonerism's which I then spray liberally, like a Capone-era gangster with a Tommy-gun, at anyone close enough to fall prey and delight in their responses. It's somewhat less fun when the jiggled sentences pass over their heads unheeded and they respond without any reaction.

Today, however, I feel somewhat deflated; lacking the energy needed to even raise a smile.

The only explanation for my humour failure ... the only one that springs to mind, anyway ... is that today, after just over a week's holiday, I had to return to work!

Don't fret on my behalf though. I'm sure all will be well again tomorrow.

If it isn't then I shall pretend!

I don't want do bring anyone else down, now do I?

3 comments:

  1. Hari Om
    Attaboy - stiff upper and all that. It's hard work being a clown. Every work needs a clown...

    I could go on, but the clork is wowning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. work can be a downer! so glad I am retired!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, yes..work will do that to you...
    Take two good jokes and call me in the morning.

    ReplyDelete

Any and all comments are welcome ...