About This Blog

This blog was originally started as a thread on the forum pages of an animal rescue site. Now it's here!

The articles you find in here are purely for entertainment (yours and mine) and (with one or two exceptions) are all tongue-in-cheek chronicles of the World (my bit, anyway) as I see it.
No disrespect is intended towards anyone unless I make a mistake and make it too obvious.

I hope you enjoy my offerings. Feedback and comments of any kind are welcome.


Saturday 2 March 2013

Drama King

Wheels have turned and, as you would expect, things have happened.

Some good ... some bad!

I can report that the road outside my house has, at last, been resurfaced and white lines have been painted at the junctions!

If it hadn't been so cold outside, we would have been tempted to hold an impromptu street party in celebration.

One thing that was celebrated (with a can of lager) was the completion of repair work on our garage roof.
The old roof ... described by the roofers as 'Weetabix' because of the way it crumbled ... was stripped away and new boards were laid on Thursday. On Friday it was sealed with a fibreglass resin which, surprise-surprise, both cats promptly walked through, necessitating some frantic and, for my part, painful paw-cleaning.

On the plus side, it means that the cracked wall can now dry out and be repaired. On the negative side ... it cost me two thousand pounds!

Actually, now that I think of it, they were the only two good things, except that I got paid at the end of the month.

Bad things have also happened.

Some things have pissed me off.

Some have had me fuming.

Others have made me sad.

But I am a roughie-toughie ex-soldier and I have to stand firm in the face of adversity.

I have to be the strong, sensible voice of reason in this difficult time.

I must be a rock of stability in this time of crisis!

Or, as my wife would put it, I have to stop running around like a headless chicken.

Women!

What are they like?

They have no idea how hard it is being a man and even less sense of drama!

6 comments:

  1. Some good news there and some not so good eh? Into every life a little rain must fall...(much better though when you know the roof wont leak)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking good now. Next job ... bracing the wall when it's dry.

      Delete
  2. Hari Om
    oh Sym-bhai, Sym-bhai, you need a cuppa chai! Have started narrating some of life's little hiccups myself - strangely it seems to help with sanity. Do pay a visit to inimaynaelcammeno.blogspot.in and think - ah, men, women, nothing to do with it; it's only menocausal!

    That and a sign of sensitivity...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad things are looking up for you. I'm still curious about that wall and hoping you'll post pictures of it.

    ReplyDelete

Any and all comments are welcome ...