About This Blog

This blog was originally started as a thread on the forum pages of an animal rescue site. Now it's here!

The articles you find in here are purely for entertainment (yours and mine) and (with one or two exceptions) are all tongue-in-cheek chronicles of the World (my bit, anyway) as I see it.
No disrespect is intended towards anyone unless I make a mistake and make it too obvious.

I hope you enjoy my offerings. Feedback and comments of any kind are welcome.


Wednesday 10 July 2013

I suffered You know!

So I've been ill!

Well ...

Not so much ill as infected!

I came down with a skin infection.

It was a mite that I picked up from the dog!

It was eczema!

It was psoriasis!

The doctors ... yes, I saw three different ones ... couldn't be sure as they all said the same thing:

                                             "WHOA! I ain't never seen anyone so scaly!"

Test? No, they didn't offer any tests! We are talking the NHS here. A "test" would be a last resort ... you know ... like when it looked like I might be about to croak!

But they gave me liquids that burned the skin, creams that greased me up an ointment that stunk of urine (I didn't dare ask what it was made of) but at last, it began to recede. The itch was gone and the scaly flakes disappeared. I am no longer a leper!

But I also had an ear infection that closed the ear canal and made me totally deaf in my right ear and partially deaf in the left.  More cream and some drops!

All of this gunk was to administered at nights to let it work as I slept.

You should have seen the state f my pillow and duvet!!!

My wife is seriously considering billing the NHS for laundry!

Anyhow, the good news is that my ears, after some pain and a bit of 'popping', are now back to nearly normal too.

I have been through the wars, ladies and gentlemen, so any and all sympathy will be gratefully accepted.

Thank you!

4 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    Strewth - late night alien visitation and been used for unfortunate testing? Horribly uncomfortable I am sure. Does rather sound like a severe allergic reaction. Trust it is in retreat, never to return.

    Sufficient sympathy? &*> YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sending you all the sympathy I can muster. Glad you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. From one ailing individual to another...you have my sympathy. Glad to hear you are on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought you had universal health care over there? Here in OZ we can see a doctor any time of the day or night free of charge. (of course there is a waiting time of several hours during after hours times)
    Im glad things are getting better but perhaps you should consider emigrating to Australia

    ReplyDelete

Any and all comments are welcome ...