About This Blog

This blog was originally started as a thread on the forum pages of an animal rescue site. Now it's here!

The articles you find in here are purely for entertainment (yours and mine) and (with one or two exceptions) are all tongue-in-cheek chronicles of the World (my bit, anyway) as I see it.
No disrespect is intended towards anyone unless I make a mistake and make it too obvious.

I hope you enjoy my offerings. Feedback and comments of any kind are welcome.


Thursday 7 April 2011

I Used To Be Talented? Did I?

I sat and read blog's (properly) for the first time in weeks yesterday.

I thought reading the writings of others would inspire me to write something of my own ... it didn't!

Now please don't go away thinking that I thought that what I'd read was drivel.  That's not it at all.
In fact most of what I read was as funny or informative, as I'd expected it to be.  It's just that yesterday my mind was not firing on all cylinders (friends would argue it never did).  I had trouble stringing sentences together in conversation, so writing anything of interest for my blog was just not going to happen.

Yes folk, it is exceptionally arid around the proximity of my brain these days.

So I put my mind to something simpler ... I designed an adjustable fly screen system which can be inserted into any open window or door and I even knocked up a prototype ... but I digress...

In my other blog (Four Paws Animal Rescue) I don't have to think too hard. The stories that appear there happen and I just pick up the thread (and more often than not, the text) from whoever it happened to.
After that, it's a simple case of presentation, publishing twittering and facebook-ing.

It basically runs on the 'steam' of others and all I do is make it look nice.

Yesterday, as I read blog's and looked at the comments made, I yearned for the days when I was capable of  kicking out witticism after witticism (some may disagree), stir in a few vaguely but badly disguised insults (thank you for the threatening emails), and generally make a nuisance of myself (as my mother always said I did). 

But I am in the doldrums ... stationary in a sea of sea-y stuff  ... and I can't think of a blasted thing to write about.

This?

This isn't writing!

It's moaning!

I am bemoaning my own (temporary I hope) lack of imagination and talent and lamenting the departure of my 'stay-up-at-all-hours' blogging drive.

Overworked, under paid and now robbed of that small amount of creative ability which once entertained people in their thousands ... OK, in their tens ... by an employer that thinks 'private lives' are only for the privileged few.

I don't know what will become of me, having fallen so low, but just in case I'm finding out the locations of all the soup-kitchens and free park benches in Cardiff, stocking up on anti-depressants and I've started a potato vodka still in the garage.

Let's hope it's enough.

Yours sinking fast

The Daddy of The Sym

 

4 comments:

  1. don't you hate it when you lose your funny? and your creativity. those dry spells are rough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems like a lot of bloggers are losing the ability to put something funny, witty or entertaining out. We all run into these problems every now and then. I am sure you will get back into the swing of things soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you need a good night sleep to blow away your writers block :-).

    ReplyDelete

Any and all comments are welcome ...