About This Blog

This blog was originally started as a thread on the forum pages of an animal rescue site. Now it's here!

The articles you find in here are purely for entertainment (yours and mine) and (with one or two exceptions) are all tongue-in-cheek chronicles of the World (my bit, anyway) as I see it.
No disrespect is intended towards anyone unless I make a mistake and make it too obvious.

I hope you enjoy my offerings. Feedback and comments of any kind are welcome.


Wednesday 29 September 2010

The game of life is hard to play, I'm gonna lose it anyway.

(Title: from "Suicide is Painless" [the theme from M*A*S*H] by Mike Altman and Johnny Mandel)

Life, and this is that last of my mini-series about the mysteries surrounding why we are here and what it's all about, is like racing through tapioca a pudding, only occasionally skidding on crusty bits and accelerating before all to often sticking knee deep goo!

Life, if you try not to think about evolution, is a race that we are all destined to lose one day and we have no idea why we are running!

It doesn't matter to which expert you speak about life, and I don't mean priests, vicars, pastors, etc., they will be unable to deliver a definitive answer as to why we are here and what our purpose is.
The only thing that they will all agree on is that "you live and then you die"!

It has been said by people far smarter than I am that life is the slowest form of dying that there is ... an illness, if you will, that takes a life time to kill you.  It has also been said (by the same smart people) that from the moment of our birth, our bodies are fighting a losing battle to keep us alive.

I am not a genius, neither do I belong to one of those little 'clicks' of 'smart people' that seem to know everything, but I do know that we have to resign ourselves to the fact that we will never know the true reason as to why we exist.  If indeed there there is one.

I would like to be able to believe the answers provided by religion, that we are a creation of a supreme being that loves and cares for us as His 'children'.  But in a world that seems to be full of people trying to kill, oppress or simply just rob others, I find this hard to swallow.  Surely a God of Love would NOT permit such things to take place.

I respect anyone's rights to follow, and believe in, the religion and God of their choice.

I just wish their God would be a little bit more forthcoming as to the nature of our existence.

My only hope is that we are not just germs growing on the culture plate of some very big alien ... because he's going to want to wash that plate some day.

(I hope everyone has read the intro below "Symdaddy Journal", especially the 'tongue-in-cheek' part.  I don't want to get anyone upset about this post)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any and all comments are welcome ...