About This Blog

This blog was originally started as a thread on the forum pages of an animal rescue site. Now it's here!

The articles you find in here are purely for entertainment (yours and mine) and (with one or two exceptions) are all tongue-in-cheek chronicles of the World (my bit, anyway) as I see it.
No disrespect is intended towards anyone unless I make a mistake and make it too obvious.

I hope you enjoy my offerings. Feedback and comments of any kind are welcome.


Friday 20 January 2012

I Would Like To Be ...

... Jack O'Neil.

Only smarter!

I know, I know!

He's just a character from the Stargate TV series, but dumbness aside, he's pretty cool.

As a child I think John Wayne was my hero and the person I most wanted to be like.  I used to play at being a cowboy, riding in (without a horse) and saving the damsel, and the day, from marauding Indians (apologies to my native american readers).

I never really appreciated what a real hero was until 9/11.

My hat was off to them then and it is still off now.

I want to be a policeman or a fireman when I grow up.

6 comments:

  1. I thought Stargate was a good program.

    In the end though, I think it is better not to grow up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eventually, maybe I will grow up. But not yet!

      Delete
  2. I have no idea who Jack O'Neil is (and think even if I googled it, I still wouldn't know). But yes, I agree. The men and women of 9/11 are (and were, in some cases), the real heroes. What a noble ambition for your grownup years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Laoch, on both things :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never watched Stargate. Don't worry, though. I'm a big fan of Star Trek, so no getting on a high horse for me.
    Got you on John Wayne.
    Also got you on 9/11. It has, sadly, become our generation's "JFK Moment" (as in "Where were you when JFK was killed?").
    Now...."Where were you on 9/11?"
    In Iceland.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I@d just got home from work, turned on the TV and heard within seconds a new bulletin saying "Reports are coming in that a light aircraft ..."

      Little did they know the horror that was to come.

      Delete

Any and all comments are welcome ...