About This Blog

This blog was originally started as a thread on the forum pages of an animal rescue site. Now it's here!

The articles you find in here are purely for entertainment (yours and mine) and (with one or two exceptions) are all tongue-in-cheek chronicles of the World (my bit, anyway) as I see it.
No disrespect is intended towards anyone unless I make a mistake and make it too obvious.

I hope you enjoy my offerings. Feedback and comments of any kind are welcome.


Friday 2 April 2010

Chocy Eggs

Unlike some folks, I don't blog on a daily basis.  I wait for that vital spark of inspiration caused by the collision of my two brain cells.

Today, as it is Good Friday, I thought Easter would be a good topic.

I am not really a religious person therefore Easter, for me, has always been less of a religious celebration Christ's crucifixion and resurrection, and more of a time of chocolate egg counting and eating.

There is something different about eating an Easter egg ... there's the novelty of a hollow egg, of course... but there is also the taste.  Is it just me, or do they REALLY taste different? Better?

They seem to be more addictive too.  When I start eating one, I can't stop! If it was your regular 200 or so gram bar of milk chocolate, I could put it down after only a few squares.  But an Easter egg?  That has to be scoffed until it is all gone!

The trouble is with Easter eggs though, is that as the prices rise, the size of the egg reduces.  And when it says on the box that it weighs 155g, how do you know they are telling the truth?
A short while ago I unwrapped and weighed an Easter egg to check its weight and although it said net weight 155g, it only weighed 145g ... I was gutted!  I was short changed 10 whole grams of choccy!!!

When you buy your Easter eggs, there is normally some gimmick or other attached, aimed at kids.  Cuddly toys, cartoon characters and stuff like that.  We have cupboards full of Cadbury's and Simpson's mugs that were bought by people who knew we liked chocolate and, for some reason, thought we were mug-less.

All this talk of  choccy has made me hungry ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any and all comments are welcome ...