About This Blog

This blog was originally started as a thread on the forum pages of an animal rescue site. Now it's here!

The articles you find in here are purely for entertainment (yours and mine) and (with one or two exceptions) are all tongue-in-cheek chronicles of the World (my bit, anyway) as I see it.
No disrespect is intended towards anyone unless I make a mistake and make it too obvious.

I hope you enjoy my offerings. Feedback and comments of any kind are welcome.


Tuesday 13 April 2010

Politics and the Election

We are only one or two days into the run up to the election and already I have had  enough already.
The candidates seem to be spending more time slagging off each other than getting their points across.

The main topic though seems to be the deficit ... or the debt we owe to everyone else ... which is apparently humongous.  It's bigger than it has ever been before and it's going to take a lot of our taxes to get it down to a respectable figure.

Note:  banks turn people down for loans if there appears to be any risk of payments not being made ... so who checks to see if a government can afford the re-payments?

Now, I have no idea how to reduce this deficit, but I'm not sure if Cameron, Brown or that other chappie (who's name always escapes me) have either.  Oh, they all have plans but most of it seems to be taking money from A to give to C who gives it back to B.  So they shuffle this money around, but at the end of the day it's coming from you and me in the form of duty on fuel, increased taxes, and increases on the price of all the fun things.

I don't know much about politics and don't take it too seriously so I think the best thing for me to do is keep my head down in the sand and wait until it's all over.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any and all comments are welcome ...