About This Blog

This blog was originally started as a thread on the forum pages of an animal rescue site. Now it's here!

The articles you find in here are purely for entertainment (yours and mine) and (with one or two exceptions) are all tongue-in-cheek chronicles of the World (my bit, anyway) as I see it.
No disrespect is intended towards anyone unless I make a mistake and make it too obvious.

I hope you enjoy my offerings. Feedback and comments of any kind are welcome.


Thursday 29 April 2010

My voting dilemma

The times they are a changing, so the song goes, but my situation hasn't changed at all.  Same old grind every day I'm afraid.

I haven't been keeping up with the political situation either.  I find it hard to believe any of the three main candidates in the election as none of them has so far been able to explain where all this money they need to repay the national debt and boost the economy is going to come from.  At the end of the day, the tax payer will foot all the bills via National Insurance, etc. and in doing so will have to suffer a reduction in public services such as the NHS.  This is hard to swallow as the national debt was not incurred directly by us or, for the most part, not for us.  This country gives billions away to needy country's and causes every year to the detriment of our own needs.  I'm not by any means suggesting that foreign aid should stop, but it should be reviewed and balanced against our own countries need for cash.

Additionally, politicians have recently voted themselves yet another pay rise whilst publicly saying that the state of the economy would be able to stand any pay rises in the public sector (please note they voted themselves their pay rise BEFORE saying public sector pay rises would be bad for the economy).

I have voted Conservative since I was old enough to vote (my father was a miner during the 70's strikes so I'm anti-unions and anti Labour - they were hard times for us kids) but this time around I don't know who will get my little cross on the ballot paper.
Cameron doesn't cut it ... doesn't come across as being very sincere, and when he does, it seems like he's over doing it.  Brown, to me, does seem not up to the job.  He led us into the recession, has been incredibly soft on money-grabbing banks and has a face (not to mention a mouth) that let's slip what he is really thinking about us all.
As for the other guy (who's name I still can't remember) ... he may be the light at the end of the tunnel, as it were, but as with every other Lib-Dem leader in the past, where is his experience?  It's all very well saying "everyone has to learn" but at the end of the day this country is a pretty big and easily damage testing ground.

Tonight's debate on the economy might be worth a watch and may shed some light as to methods of repaying this massive public debt without taking yet more money from our pockets or taking away our from our public services (with are thread bare already if you believe what some people are saying).

I will remain in limbo until someone shows me the right way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any and all comments are welcome ...