About This Blog

This blog was originally started as a thread on the forum pages of an animal rescue site. Now it's here!

The articles you find in here are purely for entertainment (yours and mine) and (with one or two exceptions) are all tongue-in-cheek chronicles of the World (my bit, anyway) as I see it.
No disrespect is intended towards anyone unless I make a mistake and make it too obvious.

I hope you enjoy my offerings. Feedback and comments of any kind are welcome.


Thursday 23 December 2010

Dribbling; Middle Ground Warriors

I don't consider myself to be a'loser' but, on the other hand, I am still a long way short of being a 'winner'.

There seems to be a 'middle ground' in which 'comfortability' has to be worked hard for, and 'hard-done-by-ability' is always only the thickness of a hair away. and I seem to have landed in it!

Should you be one of those occupying this 'gap' with me, you will be well aware that rewards are few and far between and those that you do get are often are those of your own making.

Keeping afloat, to many, is it's own reward but for others, the reward could be anything from a bar of chocolate to a monthly trip to a good restaurant.

Luck is not something people in this category have great experience of.

I don't mean that they (we) don't count ourselves as being lucky ... we are ... in our own little ways, even  though we may never be lotto winners or heirs to vast fortunes, we get along just fine.

We cope.

And we keep smiling even though at times the urge to disembowel someone is strong ... very, very strong.

In case you haven't guessed, this is one of those times when random ramblings dribble like the spittle in the corner of Jack Nicholson's mouth (You know! When he played that crazy janitor in that film ... what ever it was called).

Christmas Spirit is not something I am full of today, but I can assure you, I am not in the mood to go around taking an axe to peoples doors ... yet!

So where was I?

Oh, yes!

I, like many others, am  stuck in the 'middle ground' between being a 'winner' or a 'loser'!

It's a bit like being stuck in a revolving door ... you go round and round, but at least you don't break a leg doing it!
 
So to all my fellow 'middle grounders' I would just like to say ...

keep your chins up and have a very merry Christmas!


and remember ...


Nil illegitimi Carborundum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any and all comments are welcome ...