About This Blog

This blog was originally started as a thread on the forum pages of an animal rescue site. Now it's here!

The articles you find in here are purely for entertainment (yours and mine) and (with one or two exceptions) are all tongue-in-cheek chronicles of the World (my bit, anyway) as I see it.
No disrespect is intended towards anyone unless I make a mistake and make it too obvious.

I hope you enjoy my offerings. Feedback and comments of any kind are welcome.


Sunday 13 February 2011

Doctor, Doctor!

I have been under the weather lately. My hypochondria has taken a turn for the worst.

As usual, I save all my 'complaints' up until I have enough to be able to grab the doctors attention and hold it, just long enough, to get a sick note out of him.

So I went to see him last week.

"How many have you got today?" he asked as he checked his watch.

"Not many ... four maybe ... if you don't count the bone, that is" I replied.

"Bone? You've broken a bone?"

"No!" I said. "I've swallowed one".

"Are you choking?" he asked looking concerned.

"No! I really did swallow a bone!"

He was not impressed with my levity and checked his watch again.

"Have you anything serious that you would like me to check?" he asked as he tapped a little rubber hammer on his desktop.

"My nose keeps running!" I mumbled.

"Stick you foot out and trip it up! Next?"

I proceeded to tell him that I had wind ... he gave me a kite!

"What else have you got?"

"Well" I said. "Those pills you gave me for BO ..."

"Don't tell me"he interrupted. "They keep falling out of your armpits, right?"

"Awww! C'mon doc. Your ruining my best material!" I complained

He then spoke to me in capital letters!

"HAVE YOU GOT SOMETHING WRONG WITH YOU?"

"'s"" I whimpered, unaccustomed to his manner.

"Tell me!"

So I told him (I ain't telling you lot!).

He wrote me a prescription.

"Is that it?" he asked as he handed it over.

"One more thing" I said. "I keep hearing Irish voices. They seem to come from stomach".

"Ah! Stomach Ulsters!" he replied as he frog-marched me out of the door.

"I also have constant deja vu experiences!" I shrieked.

"That's because I throw you out of here at the same time every Monday of every week!" he shouted in my ear.

I won't go and see him again ...




... until next Monday.

Anyone got any silly one-liners I could use?

4 comments:

  1. I told the doctor I broke my leg in two places.
    He told me to quit going to those places.

    Henny Youngman

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. Not screaming in fear like the passengers in his car.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep hearing Irish voices, Ah!, Stomach Ulsters that one cracked me up big time, nearly fell off my chair i did, well done :-).

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can tell me, I'm a nurse! I promise not to blog about it! :)
    Ok, so you never said my drawers were droopy, but come on, droopy drawers just has a great ring to it. But yes, you did inspire that post!
    Thanks for being such a terrific sport George!

    ReplyDelete

Any and all comments are welcome ...