About This Blog

This blog was originally started as a thread on the forum pages of an animal rescue site. Now it's here!

The articles you find in here are purely for entertainment (yours and mine) and (with one or two exceptions) are all tongue-in-cheek chronicles of the World (my bit, anyway) as I see it.
No disrespect is intended towards anyone unless I make a mistake and make it too obvious.

I hope you enjoy my offerings. Feedback and comments of any kind are welcome.


Monday 28 May 2012

Preamble

On a beautiful day like today, I should be blogging from the garden, soaking up rays as I type.

But  ... you knew there was going to be a 'but', didn't you? ... my Laptop, being almost as old and decrepit as I am, doesn't have one of those super-doopah screens that stops all that glare and reflection.

So, here I am, sitting in-doors doing the biz when I should be outside toasting.

I am not alone however. At me feet I have three slumbering dogs and at my side a snoring cat.

As luck would have it, The General (Buster Keaton), one of my all time favourite films, is on TV and is causing a welcome distraction, although the classical music chosen to accompany the action is proving rather tedious and is somehow very inappropriate. At this moment (10.45 am), the baddies have just thrown the railway sleepers off the bridge onto poor old Buster (and The General).

That was today's preamble.

And, sad to say, that's all there is to today's post ... preamble!

Feel free to start a discussion amongst yourselves until such time as I return with something more entertaining.

Until then ...

4 comments:

  1. At the end of the day, perhaps your preamble will turn into just a plain amble .. of sorts.. love to Sym.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amble ... that reminds me of a village near where I was born. It's a fishing village on the NE coast.

      Sym loved!

      Delete
  2. Ya just can't beat the slapstick comedy of Buster Keaton, Charlie Chaplin etc, etc, :-).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You certainly can't. Young folks just don't appreciate their genius.

      Delete

Any and all comments are welcome ...