About This Blog

This blog was originally started as a thread on the forum pages of an animal rescue site. Now it's here!

The articles you find in here are purely for entertainment (yours and mine) and (with one or two exceptions) are all tongue-in-cheek chronicles of the World (my bit, anyway) as I see it.
No disrespect is intended towards anyone unless I make a mistake and make it too obvious.

I hope you enjoy my offerings. Feedback and comments of any kind are welcome.


Friday 1 October 2010

TV Inequality

I've just had a discussion with my wife about who watches what on TV.

I have a recording of SKY's "Going Postal" just sitting there waiting to be watched.

I mentioned it to my 'good lady' this evening and she immediately said I would have to wait until Friday (when she will be out) if I wanted to watch it, as she can't stand Terry Pratchett's work and doesn't want to watch a film version of one of his books.

"Where is the fairness in our TV relationship"? I demanded.  "You watch Coronation Street, 60 Minute Makeover, X Factor, Strictly Come Dancing and all those Animal Cops shows that are shown in the afternoons.  Not to mention Ghost Whisperer and Paul bleeding O'sodding-Grady!"

"World Cup!" she flung back at me in an instant.

"What?"  I said.  "That's every four bleeding years!  And I only watched the England games ... and there were only FOUR of them before they had to go home!"

"That's not my fault, is it?" she replied. "Put Coronation Street on please!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any and all comments are welcome ...