About This Blog

This blog was originally started as a thread on the forum pages of an animal rescue site. Now it's here!

The articles you find in here are purely for entertainment (yours and mine) and (with one or two exceptions) are all tongue-in-cheek chronicles of the World (my bit, anyway) as I see it.
No disrespect is intended towards anyone unless I make a mistake and make it too obvious.

I hope you enjoy my offerings. Feedback and comments of any kind are welcome.


Sunday 10 October 2010

Unfinished Business

There is a screwdriver and a packet of screws sitting on our kitchen worktop next to the radio, which is playing a Whitney Houston warble from the movie 'The Bodyguard'. I hate 'warbling' singers, I really do! I could string 'em all up high and quite happily hang onto their ankles as they swing.

Anyway, the screwdriver and screws have been there for over a week ... just lying there ... and, although I know I put them there for a reason, I can't remember what it is.

My wife, knowing what I'm like, has so far been very good about it and hasn't demanded to know when they will depart the kitchen for the toolbox in the garage and neither has she enquired as to why they are there in the first place ... but I know she will soon!

Several times a day I over the past week I have stood holding that screwdriver and screws in the vain hope that the neurons in my brain will make that vital connection and a spark of recollection will let me know exactly why they are there.  So far ... diddly-squat!  

As my mind seems to work slightly at a tangent to that of you 'normal' folks, I began wondering if there was anything else lying around that I'd started and the conveniently forgotten.

I had a look.

During my search of the house, I managed to locate two more screwdrivers (and screws), a hammer (and some picture hanging stuff) and a small tube of sealant.

I didn't know why they were there either.

I gave up wondering and put them all away ... except for the screwdriver and screws in the kitchen.

I just know I'll remember why they are there ... before Christmas ... maybe ... possibly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any and all comments are welcome ...