About This Blog

This blog was originally started as a thread on the forum pages of an animal rescue site. Now it's here!

The articles you find in here are purely for entertainment (yours and mine) and (with one or two exceptions) are all tongue-in-cheek chronicles of the World (my bit, anyway) as I see it.
No disrespect is intended towards anyone unless I make a mistake and make it too obvious.

I hope you enjoy my offerings. Feedback and comments of any kind are welcome.


Monday 5 July 2010

Writing stuff

There appears to be a slump in readership of my blog.  I reckon I'll never be famous now!

But, as I write whatever comes into my mind (whenever my two brain cells collide) for my own benefit (mostly), it doesn't really matter.  I write basically for my own amusement, although the egocentric side of me does get a kick when the numbers of my hit-counter get racked up.

I like words and, although I'm no writer,  I like to put them through the hoop occasionally.  I know I'm no Shakespeare or Douglas Adams but I do like to tickle the keyboard just to see what appears.  It's never exciting, is rarely funny and is sometimes just a long-winded moan, but it's mine ...all mine!

Words can be wonderful and powerful things.  They can shape and mould the world around you (for as long as you read them);  be your worst critic or your most ardent supporter; have a tendency to bite you in the bum when you slap them onto paper without checking exactly what it is you've written.  I have been bitten on a number of occasions.

Unfortunately, the art of writing does not flow though my veins and my skills are limited, but every now and again I surprise myself by turning out a poem that can actually put a smile on someone's face or bring tears to their eyes.  It happens vary rarely, but when it does, It's a nice feeling.

My pet hate, which I have also fallen victim to, is the misspelled  word.

Spell checkers are great, aren't they! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any and all comments are welcome ...