About This Blog

This blog was originally started as a thread on the forum pages of an animal rescue site. Now it's here!

The articles you find in here are purely for entertainment (yours and mine) and (with one or two exceptions) are all tongue-in-cheek chronicles of the World (my bit, anyway) as I see it.
No disrespect is intended towards anyone unless I make a mistake and make it too obvious.

I hope you enjoy my offerings. Feedback and comments of any kind are welcome.


Wednesday 17 November 2010

The Myth of The Multitasking Woman And The Genius of Men

We men are constantly being reminded (by women) that we do not possess the correct attributes (those of mental jugglers or the physically dexterous) to be called Masters of the art of multitasking.

Multitasking IS, and always WILL BE (they claim), something that lies fully in the domain of the female of the species.

And I suppose it must be true because it's the only way they can screw up as many things as possible in short periods of time!


Ahem!


That said ... I must admit that the word 'multitasking' is in itself very misleading ... perhaps we should consider a more realistic description such as jobscarriedoutsequentialbutveryquickly.

I know it doesn't trip off the tongue, but is a more honest description.  


Men are more "Dual-ist" by nature and the following are just a few of our dual tasking achievements:
  • reading the paper whilst dumping
  • drinking beer whilst watching football/TV
  • farting whilst eating
They may not, in themselves, appear to be in the same league as some of the activities of you girlie's but there is a reason for it ....

.... if we were to show ourselves as being willing and capable of indulging in multitasking activities, where would our duties end?

Women would stop being mothers and housewives if they knew we were really just as good, if not better, than they were.

Men would be slaves in their own homes.

Sex, and the withdrawal thereof, would be the slave drivers whip!

No!

It is far better and smarter for us to let you ladies think you are better than we are.

Sorry?

I'm not getting what?

Oh, you've got to be kidding me ......

....Julie?

Ju.......

Bugger! 



5 comments:

  1. If she does, you deserve it - biggest load of tosh I've read yet! lol
    Mac

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-)

    Sym, I would never make fun of RLS, and actually have a brother-in-law who has it! He is not medicated for it but regularly is forced out of bed with it. As an ex-Marine and hardcore biker, he is a physical fitness freak and pops out of bed with his "jimmy legs" and runs several miles. Drives my sister nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Appears men can only do two things when it involves either ingestion or secretion....? I however can do anything else at all while putting on makeup, dancing or dreaming. You are seriously out of our league.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Multi tasking is just a big myth and over rated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do hope you took a good beating for this one. And you are more than welcome to take over the housekeeping. Don't let me stand in you way!

    ReplyDelete

Any and all comments are welcome ...